Services and support for people who have lost or are losing their sight.
If you or someone you know has a visual disability, please let us know how we might be able to assist you.
- Information & Referrals: We’re connected to services throughout the state and the country. Once we know what you want to achieve, we can help you find the information and resources you need.
- Technical Assistance & Community Education: There are new technical resources coming out all the time, but you don’t always know about them or how they work. Bookmark our calendar to learn about regular get-togethers to introduce new technology and demonstrations on how to use it.
- Life Skills Program: Our training sessions are designed to give blind people and those with a visual disability tools to live life independently, and include self-esteem, nutrition, money management and career.
- Peer Support Groups: Spending time with people with similar issues can be helpful and empowering. These are hosted on a regular basis.
- Social and Recreational Program: Regular outings will include going to the movies (and learning to use the theater provided audio description equipment to access the digital screen), bowling or taking walks around Sparks Marina Park, allowing consumers social time while also building skills and confidence.
Contact us so we can set up a meeting for you with one of our independent living specialists to create a plan to help you achieve your independent living goals.