NNCIL prides itself on being an adaptive organization. We have collected some of the most useful resources for our consumers here, but our list can always be improved.
So, if you have a resource you value that isn’t on our list, please let us know so we can add it. Alternately, if you can’t find what you need among our resources, contact us so we can help you find what you require.
Thank you for helping us improve as a community resource.
For resources specific to environmental health, visit this page.
- A Guide to Disability Rights Laws
US Department of Justice legal text
- ADA Basic Building Blocks Course
Introductory web course on the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Information & Technical Assistance on the ADA via Video Gallery
US Department of Justice
- Information & Technical Assistance on the ADA Business Connection
US Department of Justice
- Information & Technical Assistance on the ADA Project Civic Access
US Department of Justice
- Americans with Disabilities Act
Landing page for US Department of Justice ADA website
- Pacific ADA Center The purpose of the Pacific ADA Center is to build a partnership between the disability and business communities and to promote full and unrestricted participation in society for persons with disabilities through education and technical assistance.
- Association for Science in Autism Treatment (ASAT)
We promote safe, effective, science-based treatments for people with autism by disseminating accurate, timely, and scientifically sound information, advocating for the use of scientific methods to guide treatment, and combating unsubstantiated, inaccurate and false information about autism and its treatment.
- Autism Coalition of Nevada
A coalition of professionals, organizations, therapists, and individuals who serve Nevadans with Autism Spectrum Disorders and related neurodevelopmental disorders.
- ABA Resources
A collection of Internet and other resources which parents of children with PDD, PDD-NOS, autism, Asperger's Syndrome, or hyperlexia may find useful.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Autism
Government data, resources and research on autism
- The Online Asperger Syndrome Information and Support (OASIS)
Organization providing information, networking, referrals and printed materials for families, challenged individuals and professionals concerned with the autism spectrum.
- Association for Behavior Analysis International
An organization for those interested in the philosophy, science, application, and teaching of behavior analysis.
- Behavior Analyst Certification Board
Professional standards organization to meet professional credentialing needs identified by behavior analysts, governments, and consumers of behavior analysis services.
- Cambridge Center for Behavioral Studies
A one-stop source for obtaining information on evidence-based solutions to behavioral problems.
- Nevada Association for Behavior Analysis
Promote intellectual exchange and professional development in the field of behavior analysis in all its facets to include: philosophical, theoretical, experimental, applied, and practice
- The University of Nevada, Behavior Analysis Program
The aim of the Behavior Analysis program is to provide comprehensive training in behavior analysis, out of which more specialized basic, applied and theoretical interests can be developed
- Access to Healthcare
Helping low income uninsured and underinsured Nevadans gain access to the healthcare services they need at a price they can afford.
- Care Chest of Sierra Nevada
Northern Nevada nonprofit agency serving individuals in need by providing medical resources, free of charge.
- Healthlink USA
The HealthlinkUSA Talk Health Forum is a place where you can discuss a specific health question and exchange information with others in a moderated environment.
- Nevada Healthlink
Shop for, compare, and purchase qualified health insurance plans compliant with the Affordable Care Act, using tax credits or subsidies that are based on your income.
- Blind Center of Nevada
- National Federation of the Blind of Nevada
- National Federation of The Blind
- National Council on Independent Living
NCIL advances independent living and the rights of people with disabilities. NCIL envisions a world in which people with disabilities are valued equally and participate fully.
- Northern Nevada Disability Access
A referral network connecting individuals with disabilities, seniors, and veterans to service providers in Northern Nevada.
- Nevada Governor’s Council on Developmental Disabilities
Advocacy, system’s change and capacity building activities for people with developmental disabilities and their families in order to promote equal opportunity, self-determination, and community inclusion.
- Nevada Assistive Technology Resource Center
Supports collaborative efforts with the community to bring about wider knowledge and adoption of assistive technology in Nevada.
- Nevada PEP
Increases the opportunities for home, community and school success for children with disabilities.
- Nevada Housing Search
Helps Nevadans find rental homes and apartments that fit your needs and budget. It's fast, easy to use and updated daily.
- Southern Nevada Center for Independent Living
Our sister organization, serving Las Vegas and other parts of Southern Nevada.
- Nevada Statewide Independent Living Council
The mission of the Council is to advocate the development of a network of programs, services and options designed to empower Nevadans with disabilities to live independently in the community.
- Note-Able Music Therapy Services
The only nonprofit music therapy agency in Nevada, committed to changing the face of disability through the power of music.
- N4: Neighbor Network of Northern Nevada
Facilitates neighborly connection with time banking, transportation support, volunteer programs and meaningful social activities for everyone in our region.
- Nevada Department of Employment Training and Rehabilitation
State department offering assistance in job training and placement, vocational rehabilitation and workplace discrimination.
- Nevada 211
2-1-1 is a special telephone number reserved in Canada and the United States to provide information and referrals to health, human and social service organizations.