There are programs throughout Nevada that can help you with rental or mortgage assistance, budgeting or foreclosure intervention:
- The Nevada Housing Division’s NVHousingSearch.org is a free rental‑housing search and listing site for Nevada.
- Reno Housing Authority provides affordable rental housing for Nevadans through several HUD funded programs.
- The Nevada Rural Housing Authority has a mission is to promote, provide, and finance affordable housing opportunities for all rural Nevadans.
- The Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority is a public agency that provides subsidized housing to low-and-moderate income individuals and families.
- The Nevada Housing Division offers down payment assistance to Nevadans who meet certain criteria. Learn more at https://www.homeispossiblenv.org/.
- HUD-approved housing counseling agencies in Nevada: Staff members can talk with you and offer resources specific to your situations
- Community Services of Nevada has a foreclosure intervention program that provides financial counseling and guidance for people at risk of being delinquent on their mortgages
- Money Management International has a foreclosure prevention program free to any homeowners
- Opportunity Alliance Financial Navigators can meet with you (through phone or video) to advise you on different resources to consider for your specific situation, including how to pay your rent or mortgages