Kids and adults with developmental disabilities are invited to learn to ride a bike this summer! Riders attend one 75-minute session each day for five consecutive days, Monday – Friday. Riders are assisted and encouraged by two volunteer spotters and taught by trained professionals. Over the course of camp, an adapted bike is adjusted to gradually introduce more instability and to help challenge the riders at their own pace. There are many spots available for riders, who can choose from one of five sessions to attend throughout the week. Sessions begin at 8:30, 10:05,11:40, 2:05, and 3:40. Click here to register.
- Ages 8 and up with a diagnosed disability, able to walk without assistive devices, and sidestep to both sides
- Have a minimum 20-inch inseam and weigh less than 220 pounds
- Able to attend all five days of camp
- Need to have a cruiser-style/or recommended bike for your rider by 3rd day of camp.
- Bike is needed for rider to transition from the iCan Bike adapted bike to their personal bike to ride at home!
Camp is $99 per rider for Nevada residents. Scholarships available.