Your health and safety are of our upmost concern, so the building will be temporarily closed while we monitor the coronavirus situation.
Our staff is working off-site during this time and can be reached by phone (353-3599) or through email:
- Lisa Bonie, Executive Director
- Hilda Velasco, Operations Manager
- Joni Inglis, Lead Independent Living Advocate
- Deb Maijala, Rural Independent Living Advocate
- Patti Rodriguez, Independent Living Skills Coordinator
- Mark Tadder, Blindness Advocacy and Resource Officer
For now, please follow these recommendations from the CDC and the State of Nevada o protect yourself and your family:
- Stay home unless you absolutely need to leave.
- Practice social distancing - stay 6' apart from anyone you don't live with, this includes family members.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Five Things to Know About Coronavirus and People with Disabilities
- Donate to the Crip Fund for Covid-19
- CDC: Protect Yourself and Your Family
- Nevada Health Response
- Washoe County Health Dept: Coronavirus Updates
- Nevada CAN: Nevada COVID-19 Aging Network
- Nevada 211 Food Services
- Washoe Schools Meal Information
- Yelp: Restaurants offering curbside/takeout, delivery and online ordering
- Raley's offers two Senior Essentials Bags for $20 or $35 each. Intended for seniors and at-risk customers in self-isolation or quarantine, their team members will build as many Senior Essentials Bags as they can each day.
- The Nevada Dept. of Agriculture has compiled a list of school and community food access resources during the COVID-19 closures.
- These grocery and drug stores offer online ordering, and some will even deliver your groceries.
- Coronavirus Anxiety: Key Advice for Chronic Illness Patients
- YMCA 360: On-demand exercise videos
- Nevada Health Response
- Nevada Health Link
- VA Resources
- Andrew Lloyd Weber is offering online Broadway shows for free.
- The Paris Opera is screening its performances online for free.
- Google has opened an interactive Frida Kahlo exhibition.
- Google Earth is offering tours of 31 national parks.
- Watch the live Jelly Cam from the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
American Sign Language
COVID-19 resources are now available in American Sign Language on CDC’s YouTube page
- What older adults need to know about COVID-19
- COVID-19 Prevention Tips
- What is my risk for COVID-19?
- Symptoms of Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Video: What You Need to Know about Handwashing
- Video: COVID-19: Are You At Higher Risk for Severe Illness?
- Video: Use the Coronavirus Self Checker to help decide when to call a doctor
- Video: How does COVID-19 spread?
- Video: Tips to Keep Children Healthy While School is Out
- Video: What is the Risk to Pregnant Women?
- Video: Can COVID-19 be passed from a pregnant woman to the fetus or newborn?
- Video: Answering Question from Children about COVID-19
- Video: Face Covering Intro (combined with Surgeon Gen Video)