We provide services and support for people who are blind or have low vision.
If you or someone you know has a visual disability, please let us know how we might be able to assist you.
- Information & Referrals: We’re connected to services throughout the state and the country. Once we know what you want to achieve, we can help you find the information and resources you need.
- Technical Assistance & Community Education: There are new technical resources coming out all the time, but it can be difficult to stay on top of them. We have regular meet-ups to introduce new technology and demonstrate how to use it. Bookmark our calendar to learn about regular get-togethers.
- Essential Living Skills: Our training sessions are designed to share tips and simple modifications so that you can live your life the way you choose, at home, school or work.
- Peer Support Groups: Spending time with people with similar challenges can be empowering. You’ll be able to share information that helps everyone lead more full and active lives. These are hosted on a regular basis.
- Transportation: Learn skills to travel around your neighborhood, the city and the world with our transportation strategies.
- Social and Recreational Program: Please join us for regular outings that include going to the movies (and learning to use the theater-provided audio description equipment), bowling, walks around Sparks Marina Park and other activities.
Contact us so we can set up a meeting for you with one of our independent living specialists to create a plan to help you achieve your independent living goals.